For use on your mobile phone device + your computer, you will need both:
- An Android mobile phone device equipped with NFC and Bluetooth functionality that is loaded with Android OS: Kitkat and above.
- A Macbook Air/Pro (2011 or newer) or iMac computer (2010 or newer) with bluetooth functionality loaded with MacOS: El Capitan or above.
How to setup and use the Stash app on your Mac computer
Note: You will need to have completed the setup and installation of the Stash Card and Stash app on your Android mobile phone device first
- Download the Stash app for your MacOS by clicking here.
- Once the download is complete, locate the file on your Mac computer and unzip the file by clicking on it.
- Once the file is unzipped, follow the onscreen steps.
- To open the newly installed Stash app on your Mac, click on it and the Stash icon will appear on your top menu bar beside the time and wifi icon (located in the top right hand corner of your Mac computer).
Note: Depending on your computer settings, you may get a warning that the application you are trying to open is not an approved app from the App Store. If this occurs, you will have to go to your System Preferences > Security and Privacy. On the “General” tab, there will be a message at the bottom of the window stating you tried to open an unapproved app. There will be an option to approve it. Once approved, try opening the Stash app again.
Pairing the Stash app on your Mac computer with your Android mobile phone device
- Ensure NFC & Bluetooth are enabled on your mobile phone device.
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled on your Mac computer.
- Open the Stash app on your Android phone.
- Click the “hamburger” menu in the top left hand corner of the Stash app on your mobile phone device.
- Select “Add trusted computer”.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on your mobile phone device to complete pairing your mobile phone to your Mac computer.
Logging into accounts on your Mac computer using your Stash card
Note: When signing in on your computer using Stash, ensure you have clicked into the appropriate username field before making the sign in request. The field your cursor is displayed in is where your login information will be populated.
- Open the Stash app on your Mac computer and on your mobile phone device.
- On your computer, visit the website or app you want to log into.
- Click into the "Username" field and then click the Stash icon located on the top menu bar of your Mac computer and click “Request Sign In” (you may need to click your mobile phone device name if it appears first).
- You will receive a notification request in the Stash app on your mobile phone device.
- Tap "Allow" on your mobile phone device.
- If the Stash app on your mobile phone device does not recognize the request, you can select the account you would like to associate with the request.
- Hold your Stash card to the back of your mobile phone device while pressing the blue circle until the login fields on your mac computer auto-populate.